What's wrong with Post Implementation Reviews?
Learn from the past to create a better future. That can't be wrong - so why do PIRs fail?
- Fear factor - I'm going to get blamed - so hide the truth;
- Looking bad - our department must come out looking good - hide the truth;
- Create a huge report - with minute detail and a couple of red herrings - hide the truth.
An Action Meetings PIR is different because:
- It focusses on the key issues:
- It is conducted in a safe environment;
- It is not a 'blame game' - we're looking forwards not backwards;
- It produces a succinct report with a manageable number of specific recommendations.
- Satisfied stakeholders;
- commitment to action;
When should you use an Action Meetings PIR?
- You want a clear, concise report free from manipulation;
- Impartiality is important;
- The project has endured a number of difficult issues;
- You want a significant jump in the capabilty of future projects.
And please remember our guarantee - if you are not happy you don't pay